General Meeting for Tuesday, February 19, 2013
Impacts of the new Tax and Healthcare Laws
- What are the implications of these changes in your life?
- How do they affect your job search decisions?
- How should you be planning for them?
- How are mortgages, refinancing, loan modifications, etc. affected?
- How should they affect your negotiations for compensation?
Andrew Franklin is an experienced researcher, writer and organizational promoter. He specializes in research, accounting, administration, customer service, personal marketing, writing, and teaching.
He currently works as a Tax Associate for H&R Block, and this tax season he will be helping tax filers at the Sutter Square Galleria, focusing on small business (schedule C and schedule SE), charitable deductions (schedule A itemized deductions) and healthcare tax issues for 1040 filers.
He also has experience in:
- sales (working for Hickory Farms through Headway Workforce Solutions),
- quality control testing (for the game manufacturer Terminal Studios),
- organization promotion (for Kenzer and Company), and
- technical writing (for Volt Workforce Solutions).
Andrew is a former member of Sacramento Professional Network, where he acted as chair of the Resume Committee and facilitated the review of over 550 resumes for members and for job fair visitors, personally critiquing approximately 200.
Special Instructions for New Members
In addition to registering your membership in our organization, new members must register with the Sacramento Works One-Stop Career Center. Therefore, the first time you attend a meeting at the center, come early and bring your social security card and identification. You can begin the registration process online before you arrive by visiting https://jobs.sacramentoworks.org/ and clicking the REGISTER button.
South County One-Stop Career Center
8401 Gerber Road
Sacramento, CA 95828
Tel: (916) 525-4717
Parking at the center can be difficult because the center is well-used. The image at right indicates the areas around the center where you can park.
|hrblock and ameriprise presentation to SPN for feb 19.pps||568.5 KB|